Code of conduct for participation in the AAES Clinical Fellowship Match (Applicants)
To ensure a fair and equitable process for applicants and programs, the following principles will be adhered to by Applicants to AAES-accredited Endocrine Surgery fellowships.
- Interview Etiquette: It is recommended that the residents not cancel interviews. Accepting an interview spot and then cancelling deprives another deserving applicant of a chance to have an interview. If a resident needs to cancel an interview, he/she should contact the program as soon as possible and confirm that the program has received notice of his/her cancellation through electronic mail and/or telephone.
- Applicants will not accept a position at an AAES-accredited program outside of the official AAES match.
- In a given academic year, an applicant should not commit to another year of training outside of the fellowship where he/she matched, without withdrawing formally from the match or being released from the program he/she matched at.
- Once a contract is signed accepting a position, it is a binding commitment between the applicant and the institution, upon satisfactory completion of the prerequisite training.
- All match-related comments and complaints should be submitted to the Chair of the Fellowship Committee; if the comment/complaint relates to the fellowship program of the committee Chair, the Chair of the Accreditation Committee should be notified instead.