The American Association of Endocrine Surgeons sponsored the 2016 match for a clinical fellowship in Endocrine Surgery for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Match Results Posted
The online application site will be open from February 15, – June 2, 2017. Interviews may be offered on a rolling basis by fellowship programs and will be offered from May – August 2017. Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete their application as early as possible, as some programs may be holding interviews prior to the end of the 2016 – 2017 academic year. Applicants will be able to view the interview calendar once they have registered (see below).
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017: Online application site opens at 9:00 AM CST.
- Friday, June 2, 2017: Online application site closes at 11:59 CDT. Applicants interested in applying for a fellowship in Endocrine Surgery must have completed their applications by this time, including all letters of recommendation.
- Monday, August 14, 2017: Online ranking site opens at 9:00 AM CDT.
- Wednesday, September 6, 2017: Applicant and Program rank lists due by 11:59 PM PDT.
- Monday, September 11, 2017: If there are unmatched programs, unmatched programs and candidates will be notified. Programs and candidates will be allowed to contact each other to fill any available fellowship position. Unmatched applicants will be notified only if there are spots available in the match.
- Monday, September 18, 2017: Due date for secondary rank of any unmatched programs and unmatched applicants.
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017: Match results announced.
Fellowship Application Registration
You'll first be prompted to pay the $125 application fee through PayPal, then will be directed back to the AAES website to complete your application.
To apply for an AAES Clinical Fellowship in Endocrine Surgery:
- The following items will be required to complete the Online Application and Match System:
- A credit card (Visa/MC/AMEX) to pay the $125 (USD) application fee.
- Citizenship/Visa information (if not a U.S. citizen)
- ABSITE scores
- Curriculum Vitae (Word or PDF)
- Personal statement (Word or PDF)
- Portrait photo (.jpg only)
- Reference names and contact information. Three letters of recommendation are required. The system will automatically generate an email that will be sent to each letter writer. The email will contain a code, which allow the letter of recommendation to be uploaded directly to the application site. Applicants will be able to see that a letter has been uploaded, but will not be able to see the actual letter.
- Beginning February 15, 2017, click the button below to the AAES Online Application and Match System. The deadline for completing your online application and for all letters of recommendation is June 2, 2017 (11:59 PDT). You may save your information and log in and out of the system during the application process.